Solution Architect at Ericsson
January 2008 - Present
In Ericsson Marco gained experience in Telco, working for Vodafone, Telecom Italy, Fastweb, H3G, with different roles; he is now Solution Architect, dealing with architectural design and presales support of Public Cloud Solutions in Amazon Web Services Environment, for both for italian and european customers.
Over the years, he learned how to recognize and satisfy Customer Requirements, for complex problems and large systems; he acquired the ability to turn these requirements into distributed and scalable solutions; he also coordinated small development teams.
In the latest year Marco passionately improved his knowledge on AWS Public Cloud offering; he attended several workshops across Europe to learn the best practices for architecting and selling large scale services on Public Cloud; he aided Ericsson in developing an internal process for AWS account provisioning and management.
- “EMA/EMM” – Reengineering of a proprietary Ericsson product in order to migrate in a AWS cloud environment. (Enel)
- “SoftFIRE” - federated NFV/SDN testbed infrastructure for FIRE experimentation – Python implementation of OpenStack integration to deploy instances and configure network elements - European project with University of Berlin, Deutsche Telekom AG, University of Surrey and other partners. https://www.softfire.eu/ - https://github.com/softfire-eu/
- "Selfcare API" : XML-SOAP based API, available for H3G customer base web portal and mobile applications (IOS, Android). Acts as a bridge between the frontend and the internal systems (DWH, Billing, CRM, Payments, etc.) - Oracle Weblogic Server, Spring, Hibernate, Coherence, Java, PL-SQL, XML, SOAP - Architecture, Analysis.
- “Central Log Management Platform” : Open Source technologies based platform to collect, manage and index O.S. and application logs; Python, Rsyslog, LogStash, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Ansible. (Telefonica, Madrid)
Lead Architect at IndieGala
IndieGala is a well established digital goods reselling company, based in Rome.
Marco has been the Lead Architect for this company since its foundation; starting from scratch, he designed and delivered an e-commerce platform on Google App Engine, based on Python and Django; this platform is fully integrated with Steam API and with the major payment service providers (PayPal, Global Collect / Ingenico, Stripe, Braintree, Google).
During this experience, he also managed hundreds of Linux instances on multiple cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud, Linode, Microsoft Azure); he developed tools for deploy and configuration in Python, both at low-level (through remote shell commands) and with the use of proprietary APIs; he dealt with the security hardening of the above mentioned services.
- Design the full system architecture in order to achieve reliability, scalability, high performance and efficiency, in order to support sales, operations, third parties and final customers
- Integrating different payment systems (Paypal, Global Collect, Coinbase, Stripe, G2A)
- Integrating Steam API for Steam profile integration
- Remotely coordinate team members (Milan-Rome)
- Design and develop the custom ERP system, for real time revenue monitoring
Full Stack Developer at Elma Informatica
February 2005 - December 2007
Marco started working as a Developer / Analyst in a small web agency based in Milano, taking care of all the project phases, for different customers and different custom-made solutions.
- Analysis and development of web applications to index the associate's network of major italian insurance companies, in partnership with IRSA.
- Analysis and development of web applications for the public administration of Segrate (MI)
- System Administration of Linux/Unix servers.
- Deployment of the internal VOIP Network.
- Analysis and development of client application for insurance cost estimation.
- Technologies: PHP, Html, Python, Linux